If you are incapacitated for work, you must call in sick on the first day of illness at least one hour before starting work by calling the incident department (calamiteitendienst) on +31 71 528 0859
After 8.00 am, you must inform Charlie works about your incapacity for work, providing at least the following information:
- What the probable duration of the absenteeism will be;
- Whether medical assistance is being used or will be used;
- What Charlie works can do to help you;
- At which (nursing)address and telephone number you can be reached;
- Whether there is disability due to pregnancy, childbirth, organ donation or a(n) (company) accident;
- What activities can still be carried out.
If the employee becomes sick during working hours, he/she personally reports to the direct supervisor at the workplace and at Charlie works.
Please note: the sickness report can only be processed if you have been in personal contact with Charlie works about your incapacity for work. All other ways of reporting sick will not be processed.
Reporting sickness from abroad
If you get while sick abroad, you must report this to Charlie works immediately in accordance with the method described above. In addition, you must get medical assistance locally and you must return to the Netherlands as soon as possible to comply with the New Legislation on Incapacity For Work (Wet Verbetering Poortwachter) unless you have a statement advising you not to travel for medical reasons.
Once the company doctor has been able to assess your incapacity for work, we will continue to pay salary during illness.
For an employee who is unfit for work and goes abroad without proper reason or permission, we suspend the payment of wages, because then the Wet Verbetering Poortwachter can not be implemented.
We kindly ask you to complete the form below.